TECHNOLOGY MISSION STATEMENT
The technology mission of Friendship Central School is to incorporate technology into every aspect of the educational process, which will enhance life-long learning by:
· Supporting the complete integration of technology into the teaching/learning environment.
· Establishing creativity and competence that will promote self-esteem.
· Creating avenues for career opportunities and exploration.
Encouraging and expanding communications on a local and global basis.
· Ensuring accessibility and commitment to deal with current and future needs.
· Providing for comprehensive faculty/staff training in technology applications.
· Meeting and expanding local, state and federal initiatives, instructionally and administratively.
Continuing to develop and expand our leadership role in the innovative use of technology in education.
TECHNOLOGY VISION STATEMENT
Friendship Central School's vision is to prepare students to live in a technologically sophisticated society. The ability to use computers and other smart technologies is an essential skill one that our school system will help students acquire. In so doing, Friendship Central School will produce
life-long learners who will be able to access information, manipulate data, synthesize concepts and creatively express ideas to others using video, text, audio and other multimedia.Technology can virtually bring the world to the student, providing a depth and richness of instructional approaches to reach pupils of all learning modalities. It will permit learners to collaborate, exchange information and share ideas locally, nationally and globally. It is essential that we prepare and enable our learners to develop their individual potential and to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to contribute to a healthy society and a prosperous and sustainable economy.