Welcome to Friendship Central School
To the Friendship Community:
As I welcome all of your students back and welcome our new students for the first time, I trust your summer has been restful, delightful, and full of many memory making moments!
Summer at Friendship has been a busy place. Scheduling is finished, supplies are being delivered, and the building is bright and shiny, ready for a new year. There are a few new faces at Friendship as well. Please join me in welcoming the following individuals into the Friendship educational community:
- MacKenzie O'Brien - Second grade teacher
- Ashleigh Brubaker - Third grade teacher
- Hillari Mullen - Math teacher
School doors will open for the 2019/2020school year at 7:30am September 4th. Between 7:30 and 8:00, all students choosing to eat breakfast will go directly to the cafeteria. Students not choosing to eat breakfast will go directly to the auditorium until the 8:00am bell rings. With immense appreciation, we are continuing to receive a grant for the 2019-20 school year for one free breakfast and one free lunch each day!
We have accomplished a great deal over the past year and the 2019-20 school year will be no different. Some of our goals for the year include:
- Increase Reading achievement at all grade levels.
- Establish a vertically & horizontally aligned Math curriculum that meets the needs of our students.
- Continue to strengthen the RTI process and program in grades K-8.
- Address the social and emotional needs of our students and community through a variety of initiatives (Character Education, student mentoring program, Restorative Practices, etc.).
- Continue to foster a growth mindset for students, faculty, staff, and community.
Everyone at Friendship is looking forward to another fantastic school year. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.