Welcome To Mr. Hills Social Studies 6 ClassroomContact Information:
- Mr. Hills
- Phone: 585-973-3311 ext. 3305
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be prepared.
- Be respectful: If a teacher is speaking, or a peer is speaking, wait your turn. Respect others’ personal space. Work with groups or pairs assigned.
- Be punctual- work bell to bell.
- Cellphones kept in teacher-designated area.
- Adhere to the code of conduct.
- If you are absent, there is a bulletin board comprising of the materials you missed, homework due, and reminders of any items that were announced in class.
- If you miss a homework assignment, it will be due one school day after you return.
- Ex: If you were absent on Monday and return Tuesday, the assignment must be handed on on Wednesday.
- If you miss quizzes or tests you have 5 school days to make the item up.
- It is YOUR responsibility to remember to retrieve, complete, and submit this work. I will not remind you. If you do not get the work done, on time, the grade will become a zero.
Grading System and Policies:
- Grading System:
- Classwork and Participation: 20%
- Homework: 20%
- Test and Quizzes: 60%
- Homework Policy:
- Work that is handed in ontime, will have the opportunity to earn 100% credit.
- Late Homework Policy:
- Work that is submitted the following day will have the opportunity to earn 70% credit.
- Work will not be accepted if it is submitted more than one day late.
- Missing Work Due to Absence:
- You will have 1 week to make-up a missing assessment.
- You will have 1 day for each day you were absent to make up classwork and/or homework.
- Quiz Policy:
- Quizzes will be both announced and unannounced.
- Test Policy:
- Tests will always be announced ahead of schedule.
- Mr. Hills